Channel the Yoda

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Beer in the Bedroom with Grandma?!

It's midnight in Niagara Falls.

Mom and I share a queen sized bed. Sexy Grandma (Ruthie) is next to us in her own bed. Emily, my cousin, is around the corner with a loud fan on her head. The lights are out. We lay there quietly.

And she sings "99 bottles of beer on the wall" insert giggle at herself, "99 bottles of beer."

I join in and together Grandma and I sing, "Take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall."

Emily exclaims, "What are you doing?!"

Sexy Grandma is undaunted and retorts, "98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer!"

Mom pulls out her earplugs, "Ruthie! Go to bed!"

And Sexy Grandma, Emily and I retort, "Take one down, pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall!"

Giggle, giggle, giggle!

Mom shoves a pillow over her head.

We made it to the early 90's until Emily and I dropped out and dozed. But that Ruthie, oh no, I woke up later to her going strong in the 80's.

And though I wanted to smack her in the head with a pillow there was a big part of me that was dang proud that she had the tenacity, spirit and drive to finish those beer bottles on the wall.

Sexy Grandma started the song and she wanted to finish it!

So to those who believe me stubborn and unwilling...blame genetics or better yet, join in! "96 bottles of beer on the wall! 96 bottles of beer! Take one down. Pass it around. 95 bottles of beer on the wall."

No comments:

Post a Comment