Channel the Yoda

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Landing Gear

An ending happens
A new start begins

Change…

And a word
Introduced
First time

Freedom!

Washes over my
Young
Grieving soul

I grab it.
A sudden yank
I’m high into air

Overwhelmed
Exhilarated
By this new life
That could be mine

But which life?
Choose one.
I don’t know.
What if
I choose
Wrong?

The wrong space
Wrong place
Wrong house
Wrong mate
Wrong state

So I stay.
Suspended.
Waiting I guess
For the right answer
Finding all that freedom
More stifling
More confusing

Then
19 years
Of being
Stuck
With a
Thumb
Over
My
Head.

I dreamed
I wished
With my child heart
A future
Beaming
Plum full
Possibilities

So ready to get away
No focus on where
Or why
How
What?

Just away.

I hop
Skip
Jump
No roots can find me.
I never plant
Yet I hover
Float
Over
The place
I always
Wanted
To leave

Fed up
With my
Indecision
I make
A choice
A split second
Over
An Amaretto Sour

To Land
To try
My feet come down
Skidding to the ground
And there it is
The future.

In Spanish
Southern Hemisphere
But corresponding
Latitude Lines
New friends
New life
New HOME.

Period.

Then semi-colon
Comma
Run on sentence

And I’m flying back
Where?
No specific place
Swear.

Cause I’ve got freedom Baby!
Eleven years of freedom
My adult life
Stuck in hover mode
Never committing

Lost in a void
Dreamless
Goalless
Dullness
Spilling out
Crying for home

A home base
I believe
Is the answer

I
Search loudly
Make
Decisions boldly

But silently
My eyes twitched
Fingers tapped
Nails chewed
Sleep lost to
Frustation
Which
Quietly set in

But
I'm stubborn.

I'm going to land
Fully
No run on sentence
It is set
It is Real
Now

The car packed
Apartment found
Life planned
Future
Far away
Future
In a state
Future
14 hours away

And I sobbed

My legs came down
My feet skidded
To the ground

And I landed
Not Realizing
It happened
I looked around
Familiar sounds

Angry
ANGRY!
No
Not it!

Cause I landed
Where I began

I heard music
Bright lights
Dancing
Laughter

A feeling
Of warmth
Spreading
Through
My void
My heart
My twitching
Eye

It flooded
My anger
Quickly diluting
Shock-Confusion-Disgust

Painful
Memories
Of a
Childhood
Washed
Clean
Years away
Understanding
A comprehensin
To the pain

As a smile
Fills my face
Because I finally
Found
My place

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, where IS your place, Hon? And how did you finally find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Nothing more needs to be said. Awesome sums it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracy!

    Um, so funny thing Sally--I found home where I started,in Wisconsin. It won't stop the traveling though and I may move someday. But Wisconsin is where I'm supposed to be. I got your email and I will make sure to check out your blog link.

    Thanks to both of you for supporting me!

    Poo I forgot to sign in. ITS ME NERISSA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - sounds like some cleansing of old hurts and a new outlook. Like traveling in the mind. Love ya

    ReplyDelete