Channel the Yoda

Sunday, December 25, 2011

12 CRAZY EVENTS OF 2011

Instead of 12 Days of Christmas I like to do:

12 CRAZY EVENTS OF 2011

1. Got lost in the Blue Hills at sunset with no food, water, cell phone service or compass. I did have Chapstick and Kleenex though. Lots of help that was…actually the Kleenex was great for potty breaks.



2. Sat on an edge of a cliff in the Grand Canyon and dangled my feet haphazardly. Freaked my friend out but I didn’t care. It was THE GRAND CANYON!


3. Went on a SEVEN DAY/SEVEN NIGHT ROAD TRIP to Quebec. It is the most ambitious road trip I have ever partaken in.


We cruised through and around Wisconsin, Michigan, Ontario, Quebec, and Illinois without any real weather concerns. Once we hit Wisconsin Dells, BAM, snow storm from hell. Luckily Dan has nerves of steel cause I was about to wet myself.


4. Interned at the Jungle Theater for a one woman show where I had to fake tan most of her body in 8 minutes every night. She said I touched her body more than her husband gets to. Huh.


5. Ate snails FINALLY! Check that off my list.


6. Zip-lined over Gators at Gatorland in Florida! My mother wanted to for her birthday. So we did.


7. Joined the Barron Spotlighter’s Theater Board. Quit 2 months later. Not a board meeting kinda gal it seems. Oh, Structure…


8. A large deer slammed it’s horned head into my driver side door while I was going 65 mph on the freeway. I crossed lanes and slammed into the guard wire. My poor, sweet Putt-Putt (CAR) is ca-PUTT. She did me well. Goodbye old friend.


9. Choreographed 2 musicals and 1 high school choir comprised of 80 teenagers. Within that I choreographed my first sword fight (real swords) with no experience and no one died though someone did get stabbed. Oops. I also gave my first choreography workshop to 10 kids, age ranged from 7-9 years old.


I needed a long nap and Advil.


10. Performed on stage for the first time since 2000 AND DID I THROW UP? Nope.


11. My family and I jumped in the Gulf of Mexico at sunset with all of our clothes on. It was warm, salty and awesomely wonderful. I enjoyed it greatly.


12. Wrote my first novel…about digestive disorders and poop. It’s a fictional comedy making a counter attack to Taro Gomi’s children’s book “Everyone Poops.” It will be coming out January 2012! I’m super excited and freaked of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment