Channel the Yoda

Thursday, December 1, 2011

COFFEE PLANT IN MY STOMACH

Drinking coffee in Quebec City...CAUSE WE MADE IT! And they said it couldn't be done.

And now I blow a raspberry at them.

It's been a trip!

A blur of car rides, hotels, diners, gas stations, SNOW and sleet, pubs, a Parliament Building, poutine, a passed out drunk guy in the elevator (last night), Donkey Kong, War Museums and tons and tons of coffee, cheesecurds and beef jerky (not Jack Links).

Now it's time to head back. We leave in 50 minutes and in typical Compulsive Traveler form I am not packed, showered or dressed.

It is my way of being passive aggressive...to myself of course, because I'm not ready to go home.

And today IS the day we turn around and head back.

Two days of driving 10 hours to get us back to Wisconsin by Friday night is the goal. This came about because of a decision to stay an extra day in Quebec City...TOTALLY WORTH IT!

But now we need to bust some ass to get home by the timeline we've constructed, a timeline that must be adhered because there are events that again need to be reckoned with.

Don't you fret world, it's gonna happen! Okay I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to give a fist pump to that statement BUT it's brewing inside me or I've finally grown a coffee plant in my stomach.

Now I must either shower or smell for 2 days straight in a car. I don't care but my partner in crime may object and he's bigger than me.

Either way it's time to bust--18 minutes!

PS-Quebec City is beautiful, old, very French with a blend of British Crown. They are very friendly and I had the best freaking spicy lamb sausages at Pub Sainte-Alexandre last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment