Channel the Yoda

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Battery Dead!!!

IN GALWAY, IRELAND!

I had my lamb stew which was not stew...I admit I thought it would be stew in a bowl but it came with carrots, cabbage and two potatoes and mashed...with a tea...a bottle of Chilean wine and of course, a Jameson.

I know I've been away, not for lack of computer but lack of brain.

Travel is wonderful. Travel is different than vacation. Travel is seeing, doing, moving and experiencing which is exciting, exhilarating and TAXING.

I'm tired. Last week in Ireland and I'm not moving the way I use to. It's not an age thing well, wait, maybe it is...not an age like I'm old but an age as in I've traveled, I've done the movement--the sway of life in the train cars, the bus stops and starts, the taxis and ferrys and for the the first time this COMPULSIVE TRAVELER is pooped.

Never thought I would say that but it's the truth. I miss a closet and different pairs of shoes and having the same place to sleep for more then one night. I miss my comfy bed and glad I have a chiropracter traveling with me.

What it makes me think is that for now and maybe forever but I'll never admit til I know for sure that I'm looking at travel in a different way.

A different way...

Less constant movement from one hostel to another...I can't do it. I CAN'T WORLD! It was me I know but it's exhausting to move my suitcase from one place to another...

And to experience is not just to drink somewhere and say, "Hey I got it all!" No! I love my drink but I miss my museums, my people chatting and understanding of why a place is the way it is.

I write all this in Galway, Ireland. I'm almost done with a 3 week trip. On the last leg...

And I've learned so much about me... I've learned so much about the world... I've learned so much about my travel partners...

I've learned so much about being...

And being tired is worth that.

Dan Solovitz...my travel partner...says, "America has nothing to worry about when it comes to the taste of burgers. We win."

PS- (from Nerissa) Eddie Rockets is the worst place to eat unless you are drunk and high which we weren't which is unfortunate!

And Dan is dying for a dumbbell. Ireland where is your fitness center within your hostel/hotel experience? Push-ups do not make happy pecs.

What is the one thing you think of when I ask you, Mindy Bichel, what will you always remember about this trip...?

"My travel style has changed. I want to see a lot of stuff rather than rush through each place just to have been to a lot of places. It's become apparent to me that's important to spend time in a place thanto just go there."

And as for me, the Compulsive Traveler, I've learned to again, RELAX, and realize that life is life, places are places, and me is me...wherever I go, whatever I do...

I gotta run! Battery Dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment