Channel the Yoda

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

HOME FROM DUBLIN, IRELAND

Here I am... Back from the Emerald Isles and what a COMING BACK it was.

I slept on the plane from Dublin, Ireland to Atlanta, Georgia, bobbing and nodding in and out of consciousness of course. Waking for every food and drink option--pretzels, water and sprite, pasta, water and coke, pretzels, water and coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee--didn't matter, slept through every cup I ingested. I'd declare it's decaf but this CT was wiped to the windshield. A bug that's gone splat.

I slept on the second plane, waking for refreshments only to whisper "No thank you," shove a couple Skittles in my mouth and pass out again. Every 20 minutes it's the dance of reshuffle and streeeeetch, try not to elbow, kick, knick or touch. Which usually ends with, "Sorry."

We waited 45 minutes on the tarmac in Atlanta, our plane needing confirmation before flying as we sit on pins and needles, well, sighing. Or sleeping. I did both.

We arrived in Minneapolis without a gate. We sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes. Okay, by this point there was no resting, the wash cycle was on agitate.

Eventually deplaned, depained, bags in hand and tossed in a red truck that trucked US HOME!

I was out by 8:30 pm and woke at 7:40 am...11 hours of sleep?! 

And now I'm up. And guess what? This girl is tiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrred.

Great trip, long trip, happy trip, exhausting trip, learning lesson trip, SAW THE WORLD TRIP, climbed a mountain trip, ate loads of bread trip (like what?), drank how many shots of Jameson trip (?), celebrated my birthday trip, drove on the wrong side of the road with a stick shift trip, but mostly, it was a wonderful trip of emotions and boy did I trip all over the place.

Let me tell you, when you are sleep deprived to the extent that I was, everything is stripped away including your mental capacity for speech and thought, and emotions are all you have.

When that happens, then you really learn about yourself. And others get the chance to really learn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment