Channel the Yoda

Friday, April 2, 2010

Cross the Atlantic by Schooner? Crazy? Or AWESOME!

At the ripe age of 20 I proclaimed I AM GOING TO SAIL THE WORLD!

I would buy a boat. Live off the ocean. Dodge sharks. Eat fish. Toss my cookies over the ledge. Salt my pork. (Isn't that what the pilgrims did?)

As a child I had a fixation on Kurt Russell and the movie "Captain Ron." I am a sucker for eye patches.

Now being a server means I collect CHANGE. I threw it in a bucket and every couple months dropped it IN the bank. Where I rolled the money in to EE and II Bonds and slowly collected a sail boat nestegg.

8 years later I produced my first play with that nestegg...so long eye patch...so long salted pork...so long ocean of dreams.

Now! NOW! With the spark of sailing around the world still alive in this little heart of mine, I did a little GOOGLE research and FOUND:

SIRIUS SAILING at www.siriussailing.com!

TRANSATLANTIC SAILING!!! Antigua to Athens in 41 days and a chance to live my dream.

AND if I have my sea legs, I CAN SAIL BACK!

Mind you it would cost more than if I bought a crappy little sail boat and took lessons on Lake Minnetonka and became certified but...

IT'S THE ATLANTIC! And a big boat. I like big boats.

It's adventure like none other. Right up this traveler's alley. And I think it deserves a spot on the List of LIFE'S POSSIBILITIES!

4 comments:

  1. Me too! I wanna sail the ocean blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you are sailing the ocean blue. 41 days non-stop might be a long time. Cruises. I love cruises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I have never been on a cruise! Maybe I am missing something there.

    Sally, NOW YOU KNOW WHERE TO GO!

    It's all possible.

    -Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do it. And you can definitely take me with you!!

    ReplyDelete