Channel the Yoda

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A LIFE REMEMBERED IN FONDNESS

When I look back at this last year...it is not a blur or whirlwind of constant motion. It is a settling feeling of experiencing all that I can and all that is available to me.

I love to travel. Since I was 8 years old I have wanted nothing more than to see the world.

That feeling is reinforced by my current not travel situation. By not, well, it is the tried and true process of loss that creates a stronger appreciation for all that I have seen, felt, done, and worked my butt off to afford.

My unsolicited advice...

Go to Wales if you get the chance. It is beautiful.

Canoe a lake at dusk and get stuck in a bog with bullfrogs.

Take a Highlands Tour of Scotland and hike next to Nessie.

Travel by bus around South America and eat at El Toro Pizza in Cordoba, Argentina, at Midnight.

Eat at the McDonald's in Penrith, England; it is next door to a haunted castle which is considered their city park (Haunted McCastle'd).

Sing "Islands in the Stream" in 2 part harmony with a new friend, in a Czech restaurant, drunk off their beer.

Drive on the wrong side of the road in Ireland! Of course it's the right side of the road for them. Beware of tractors and roundabouts.

These are just snippets of my time; memories that float around my brain when slinging drinks. I smile when I think back in time and it is my life I remember with fondness...

No comments:

Post a Comment