Channel the Yoda

Sunday, June 3, 2012

WHERE DID MY GERMAN GO? OH NEIN!

After the dust settles and life finds its normal rhythm again or what becomes a new normal rhythm, one can be faced certain challenges post travel.
1. Diet. Diet? Exercise...

There was no diet in play where our traveling was concerned for the most part. Not because healthy isn't in or a big part of our daily lives, but because we were traveling so fast and walking so much we needed to eat whatever was convenient for the most part.

Also, when in Rome, eat, drink and be merry like the Romans or well, the Irish. We drank our share of Jameson, ate the lamb stew, french bread and soup, and the Guinness somehow found it's way down our throats warming the tummies.

Work outs, a normal part of our daily home routine, not so ingrained in the travel schedule. There was 1 ten-mile hike, 1 mountain climbed, 1 two-mile run and tons of walking and dragging luggage everywhere.

Did we gain weight on the 3 week trip to Ireland?

Not really.

Two months later...

I'd say all 3 of us are struggling with one form or another of dietary/exercise program.

When on vaca, it's hard to well, leave the mentality, even when you've left the country of travel and are back home.

2. Work. Eek. Work?

Hmm...has traveling made me lazy towards work?

Had living in Chile without a job for 2 months, just enjoying a day to day activity of eating, laughing, traveling and breathing, made it difficult for me to work 2-3 jobs again?

Very possible. It was the first time EVER since I was 9 that I wasn't working.

The days just melted into each other. Some of my journal entries have question marks on the date.

I felt recouped when I came back but I also found it hard to multitask or do more than 3 things in a day. I WAS ONLY THERE FOR 2 MONTHS! 

Yet breaking that mentality took 6 months.

And now I still find it hard to jump back into work. It use to be something that was considered a given but by not doing it for 2 months it became more of a, "eh, I guess I should."

Wow, I was so German before Chile, with my work being number 1 in my life...

3. Staying Put for a Bit.

Easier than expected for this Compulsive Traveler. I'm assuming it's because I'm:

A. Broke.
B. Tired.
C. Laundry!
D. Need to recoup brain cells.
E. There are other activities that I find enjoyment in besides travel (GASP!) like ROCK CLIMBING, CAMPING, SQUARE DANCING, GOING TO MOVIES, COOKING, RUNNING, BLOODY MARY'S IN THE AFTERNOON, CANOEING, GARDENING, HIKING, READING, WRITING, no arithmetic, that I would like to put some time into.

There will be more travel soon, do not fret. In fact, we leave for Trego, WI in less than 2 weeks. There is a cabin-esque waiting for us.

But otherwise, it's back to getting re situated into daily to-dos and what-nots.

Speaking of what-nots, TIME FOR WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment