Channel the Yoda

Friday, June 22, 2012

NO WORKING TOILET on the MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

I took the MIDNIGHT EXPRESS BUS (Red-eye) from Penrith, England (Northern Lakes District) to London, England.

It was a 6 1/2 hour bus trip with no working toilet which I was lucky enough to get a seat next to and even more lucky to be the jerk who had to say, "Aye, toilets broke Mate. Sorry," to anyone who yanked on the door. 

Apparently I also took up a British accent while out there or maybe that is just how my memories replay in my brain.

The man behind me, wearing a matching stonewashed denim jacket and pants, had only one booming volume when he called his mate EVERY HALF HOUR to give an update. As we got closer to London, his friend called him every 10 minutes! His ring tone was, "My Milkshake Brings All the Boys..."   

Across the way, a young couple was all arms and limbs while engaged in a serious lip lock session.

My seatmate didn't say a peep to me or anyone. I liked her.

It's not the luxury of the EXPRESS that sells it. It's the few stops (faster), overnight run (don't lose a day in travel), and price (CHEAP!)

The tickets do sell like hot cakes! I was the last one to buy a ticket and it was 2 nights before departure.

Take it for the experience or it's fast service, IF YOU DARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment