Channel the Yoda

Monday, July 2, 2012

TAKE A RIDE ON SPIRIT!

While in Pembrey, Wales I took a ride on SPIRIT.

It was awkward and uncomfortable with my feet falling out of the stirrups and my body painfully cracking and smacking against the saddle. 

This was the first time I was riding English style and I did not rock it. I did rock the hat though! 

When we hit the beach we began to gallop. There was no saddle horn to hang on to (English)!

I tugged on SPIRIT'S reins to slow the him down. He went faster!

My hands flailed about trying to regain some semblence of authority by yanking harder but SPIRIT was undaunted.

Realizing this could end poorly, I embraced my chosen lot in life. I relaxed my body falling into the momemtum of forward motion while my brain acquiesced to the ocean waves presented before me.

I felt alive. The air was crisp. The sky brilliant in its melding of blue hues. And the fear disappeared with acceptance to the moment in play.

Minutes later SPIRIT was turning right and slowing down to a canter. My fear suddenly returned, my heart, found hours later still hanging in my shaking boots, was racing and I wanted nothing more than to get myself safely to the stables and GET OFF SPIRIT!

Though terrified and awed by my experience, I would not change it... BUT there is no repeat button. Luck was on my side once, no need to push the issue and receive a different ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment