Channel the Yoda

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Full Apology

I left Chile on January 27th. It was an impromtu change of plans.

When I left the United States on December 2nd 2009 to start a new life in Chile I had no idea that 3 months later I would be watching the devastion of the earthquakes and tsunamis safely from my television in the USA.

I came back because I divided my money between two checkcards. The first checkcard worked but wasn't recognized by many ATM machines in Chile. The second checkcard, lesser known then the first, was null and void. Unable to transfer funds I was forced to quickly buy a ticket back to the states, 1 month early. I was pissed at myself, my checkcard company and Chile's banking system for being unable to recognize my funds.

I would like to extend a full apology to Chile and Westconsin Credit Union for all my grumbling and griping! Life COULD and would be very different if I had stayed.

And thank you to Orbitz for finding me a cheap ticket that sent me through Santiago, Chile. My first plan had been to buy a ticket from Lima to the USA, because flights to and from there are much cheaper. I would have bussed my way through Northern Chile and Southern Peru, right through the mudslides--that happened the day of my departure.

I am a lucky, little traveler.

Who is compulsively ready for more!

Anyone else have near tragic misses or worse, full exposure?

2 comments:

  1. Who are you apologizing to?
    I don't think I've been close to natural disaster, but I've missed a lot of flights. Never abroad though. Except one time I ALMOST missed a flight in Moscow to Sochi, but they let us go to the front of the line, so we made it.

    And I'm really glad you missed the disasters in SA. The first thing I thought when I heard there was an earthquake in Chile was, "I'm glad Nerissa's not there anymore."

    ~ Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!!
    I'm apologizing to Westconsin Credit Union and Chile for all my bitching! If it hadn't happened life would be very, very different!

    Ready for the USA tour?! IT WILL BE GRAND!

    ReplyDelete