Channel the Yoda

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where is My Coffee, Chile?

Every morning I wake up with one thought rolling around this empty noggin... CAFE! COFFEE! Except it sounds more like cooooooffffffeeeeee (groan...)

Now, imagine my surprise, fear and raging anger upon realizing that there is NO COFFEE IN CHILE! Not CAFE REAL! They have Espresso, Macchiato, Latte, Cappuccino, Americano and (dum dum dum) INSTANT... No coffee.

I forced myself to use INSTANT COFFEE my 1st trip to Chile but by the 2nd I had really taken to it. If you dump a 1/3 of the instant container into a cup of hot water it not only tastes better but I actually get the amount of caffeine my body craves to start the day...3 cups later.

I quickly learned to say "Quiero cafe mas fuerte por favor!" when ordering instant coffee at restaurants. I want very strong coffee please! And then I would flex my arm muscles to signal strength--DON'T LAUGH! These tiny pipes are fighting machines, baby!!

A Starbucks appeared in Vina del Mar in late September 2009 and my smarty, smarty friend Kaley figured out that CAFE DEL DIA means Coffee of the Day--REAL COFFEE!!!!

So, the real coffee is out there people and the Starbucks of Chile has it.

Just in case you were worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment