Channel the Yoda

Sunday, November 25, 2012

TOP CHEF, I'm Sorry

Okay, so I watch Top Chef. I admit it. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm not defensive. You're defensive. Maybe I'm just messing with you.

There is a reason though. For the messing that is.

FOOD TRUCKS!

Yes. Pods of Food Trucks. Where you ask? What is she babbling on about? How is this related to Top Chef? Why do I suddenly care?

Portland, Oregon is beautiful, friendly, clean, and feels, in many ways, like the Twin Cities, BUT it has one thing the Cities does not. Yep, you guessed it. Food TRUCK PODS!

Food Truck Pods are like enjoying the State Fair every day in a parking lot in the middle of the city.

Each truck has it's own type of food fare from the Grilled Cheese Truck (very popular) to Vietnamese (always a favorite) to Greek or even Japanese if you so desire. I desired and ate a very spicy tuna roll.

It's like a half a block encircled with food! And if you don't find your hearts desire at that Pod you can walk three blocks down to another Pod which will most definitely carry a different fare of food.

I don't know why our Uptown Area in Minneapolis or even Downtown Minneapolis hasn't invested in this idea. I would eat there every day!

So many choices in cuisine for awesomely cheap prices. Service is quick but made to order and if you are with friends or family it easily becomes a smorgasbord of sharing.

Even if you are experiencing the Pod by yourself, you are not alone. The Food Truck Pods are crowded and bustling with people buzzing with food option excitement. It's definitely like the water cooler of who's who, eating what type of food.

I first learned about Food Trucks and the Pods from Top Chef. I thought they were crazy. It sounded like greasy and expensive fast food.

I was wrong. I'm wrong Top Chef. You were right when you said it was the wave of the future. You were right when you said that healthy options on a Food Truck could be possible while not skimping on the flavor.

I concede.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment